Download a copy of the Uniform Price List
The school council of Balcatta Primary School has established a dress code and your child must wear the school uniform every day.
The school council believes a school dress code:
- Fosters and enhances the public image of the school;
- Assists in building school and team spirit;
- Ensures students are safely dressed for specific school activities;
- Encourages equity among students; and
- Identifies students in the school.
School colours are navy blue and red.
Boys: Navy blue shorts/cargo shorts/tracksuit, school t-shirt/ collared polo shirt, school jumper or windcheater and faction T-shirt (Sport) and school wide-brimmed hat.
Girls: Navy blue shorts/pants or navy blue pleated wrap-over skirt/skort, navy blue and white checked dress, school T-shirt/ collared polo shirt, school jumper or windcheater and faction t- shirt (sport) and school wide-brimmed hat.
Wide-Brimmed Hats (No Hat No Play)
The wearing of school uniform wide–brimmed hats in the school grounds is school policy for the whole school year. Children must wear school wide-brimmed hats at all times when playing in the grounds. Uniform navy blue wide-brimmed hats are available from the uniform shop.
Ordering your Child’s Uniform
To order your child’s uniform please email the uniform shop and nominate the items you require from the uniform price list. Payment of your order required via EFT using the schools banking details.
The uniform shop will only be open for appointments only, appointments can be made by emailing the uniform shop.
Ref: Students Surname & First Name and Year group
(ie: William John Yr6)
Items available year round
Dress shorts, faction t-shirts, school t-shirts/collared polo shirts, skirts, hats and second-hand uniforms.
Winter uniform available on completion of order form (approximately second week of Term 2).
Did you know school banking is open the same time as the uniform shop at the uniform shop.
If the uniform is not worn:
Students may be denied access to activities where the school uniform is required.
- The school will notify you if your child is not wearing school uniform.
- New students to Balcatta Primary School will be expected to wear a uniform.
- The dress code may be modified for students for religious or health reasons. Please make an appointment with the principal if this is required.
The following items are not acceptable for students to wear to school:
- Decorative jewellery, make-up, nail polish or hair colouring
- Ear-rings – except for a stud or a sleeper.
- In accordance with department of education policy, your child cannot wear denim to school.
Please ensure all articles of clothing are clearly marked with your child’s name.
Children who have long hair are asked to maintain its cleanliness and keep it tied back so that sight is not impeded and general tidiness is maintained.
Standards of personal cleanliness are regarded as the pupil’s own responsibility and children are asked to think of the comfort and wellbeing of others during their time at school.
Your child should not wear jewellery (especially dangling earrings) or nail polish and makeup to school. This is unnecessary and jewellery can be dangerous at times, particularly during daily physical education. Sleepers are permissible. As with other valuables the school can take no responsibility for lost items. Children will be asked to remove any unnecessary jewellery.