At Balcatta Primary School we run a sound educational program based on the Curriculum Improvement Framework. Particular concerns of minority groups, disadvantaged children and children with learning difficulties are catered for. There are a number of features in this school which enhance our educational program.
- Music Specialist / School Choir / Instrumental Program.
- An ESL teacher and ethnic aides to assist students and parents from non-English speaking backgrounds.
- A voluntary part-time Kindergarten program.
- Computer Centre enabling all students regular access to quality programs.
- New automated library – with regular library sessions.
- A Behaviour Management Policy encouraging good performance and behaviour while defining the limits of unacceptable behaviour.
- Languages Other Than English (LOTE). Children in Years 3-6 will be introduced to Italian. This course will allow children to be accredited with the Year 8 Unit Italian Course so that when they reach high school they will go into the Unit 2 Italian Course.
- Years 1-6 Dance Program.
- Chaplaincy Program.